Remedios de Escalada, together with Gerli, East Lanus, West Lanus, Monte Chingolo, Valentín Alsina, Villa Caraza, Villa Diamante, Villa Obrera, and Barrio Santa Teresita, belong to the Lanus District.
Remedios de Escalada is part of Lanús in Southern Greater Buenos Aires, 16 km away from the City of Buenos Aires.
The locality Remedios de Escalada was named after the workshops of Remedios de Escalada, that were used when, towards the end of the 19th century, the Southern Railway had the necessity to modernize the installations and the maintenance of the trains, locomotives, passenger cars, and wagons. The first workshops where located in what is today Avellaneda, and old Barracas, in Southern Greater Buenos Aires. In 1875, when these installations were no longer big enough for the activity, they where moved to the North of the Riachuelo river to the lands of the current "Sola" cargo station.
By 1890, the "Sola" workshops needed to extend their installations yet again, as a result of the business' success, and its location, once again, weren't big enough for the necessary expansions. In order to complete the move, negotiations began with the owners of the terrain located on Kilometer 11 of the main railway between Lanus and the Banfield stations. Back then these areas used to be known as Villa Galíndez, but, in 1897, the Southern Railway Company takes the ownership of those terrain. In 1900 the company started the construction of houses for their workers and houses for the workshop and warehouse chiefs. These houses were built on the old "Camino Real".
Houses for employees and workers were also constructed to the East of Workshop 52. Homes for various classes were constructed for the train drivers, and the rest of the personnel. Since then the area has been known as Remedios de Escalada. When the construction of these houses became public knowledge the project acquired even more strength and soon the un-inhabited plots became a town of compact buildings.
Since the construction of the Workshops Villa Galíndez name was replaced by the more commonly used "Los Talleres" (The Workshops), also leading to that the train station of the area achieved the same name. on July 21st 1923 the name of the station was changed from "Los Talleres" to Remedios de Escalada in honor of the wife of General Jose de San Martin. The name became definite and changing not only the name of the station but also the name of the area.
The locality Remedios de Escalada has between its boundaries the Athletic Club "Talleres de Remedios de Escalada" which was founded on June 1st, 1906. In the beloved club all kinds of sports are practiced asides from football. The club's team competes in league denominated "Primera B Metropolitana".
- Rentals and Sales of Houses, Apartments, Offices, Gated Community, Town House, and other Properties.
- Real Estate Remedios de Escalada.
- Sales, rentals, short term, commercial, student accommodation, holiday lets y de apartment share.
- Owner reltals, Owner Sale,
- Remedios de Escalada limits with: Lanus and Banfield.